BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm and we are looking for hardworking professionals that want to grow with us. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Analyst, Asset Management will play an integral role by supporting the asset management team in financial analysis, tracking and reporting on the company’s owned multi-tenant light industrial real estate assets. The Analyst, Asset Management will report to the Portfolio Manager or the Manager of Asset Management and will provide support to the Portfolio Manager, the Manager of Asset Management and the Director of Asset Management on all analytic and strategic aspects of the company’s real estate. This will include quarterly internal and external valuations, hold/sell recommendations, business plan execution, capital plan implementation tracking and lease analysis etc.
- Prepare property and portfolio level financial valuation models using ARGUS (both DCF and Enterprise) and Excel based on information drawn from various sources including the acquisitions team, asset managers, outside brokers, appraisers and other service providers.
- Analyze and interpret property level information including historical operating statements, budgets, leases, loan agreements, ground leases, etc.
- Understand critical and core property level financial/operating issues and be able to articulate variances from budget to management.
- Review third party reports, budgets, processes, and contracts.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reports based on internal and external inquiries.
- Train others in the use of Excel and Argus valuation software as necessary.
- Track leasing activity on all assets under management and market activity in order to keep valuation models up to date, as well as provide such information to other departments of the company as needed.
- Gather market research and stay current on industry trends. Maintain thorough market awareness in targeted markets through direct research and review of third-party research. Develop external sources of data (brokers, appraisers, etc.) in target markets.
- Assist in the onboarding of new assets from the Acquisitions group into Asset Management.
- Create new asset management valuation models and management reporting templates for all new acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline
- 2 + years in an analyst role within the Commercial Real Estate field
- Advanced Excel capabilities (building and proofing financial models)
- Argus Enterprise (AE) experience (Argus DCF is a plus)
- A general understanding of commercial real estate terms and investment principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan + Match
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Professional Development Resources
Selection Process: Don’t fret if you don’t hear from us immediately. We are growing and always looking for talented, hardworking people like you.
What We’re All About:
BKM Capital Partners has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Orange County” by the Best Companies Group and the Orange County Business Journal in 2018. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Capital Partners is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional information is available at and .
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years