With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #146 in 2019. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 18 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune's 'Most Admired Companies' for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'CBRE.'
It's an especially exciting time to be part of CBRE's People team. We are ready to take new ideas, perspectives, projects and plans and bring them to life. Come join our team and be part of that process, while driving one our key strategic imperatives-leading the transformation of CBRE's global employee onboarding program and overseeing its ongoing evolution.
Reporting to the SVP, Total Rewards, the Director, Benefits - North America is responsible for developing the strategic plan of CBRE's benefit offerings in North America as well as ensuring an efficient and effective delivery of day-to-day operations. This role will be a key contributor to the firm's Employee Value Proposition and will be responsible for aligning benefit offerings with the company's total rewards strategy.
The Benefits Director will attract and develop a high-performing team and will ensure appropriate bench strength across the team. The Director will also work hand-in-hand with team members to ensure quality services and products are delivered, understood and effectively utilized.
- Develops and manages a North American benefits offering that aligns with the global benefits strategy and supports CBRE's talent acquisition strategies. Lead RFP and vendor-selection efforts, analyze results and prepare/deliver recommendations to senior leadership.
- Serves as the Benefits Center of Excellence for CBRE North America, delivering subject-matter expertise across all benefits-related topics.
- Builds and develops a highly effective Benefits team that is knowledgeable, high-performing, cross-trained and operates with a consultative mindset.
- Consult and collaborate with business leaders and People Business Partners in both executing benefit programs and resolving issues that may arise.
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships with vendors, external thought leaders as well as internal partners (i.e. Payroll, HRIS, Finance).
- Oversees the effective development and delivery of the annual open enrollment process.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing benefit plans, guidelines and procedures while continuing to improve the service offerings cost-effectively.
- Leads the development and delivery of all benefits-related communications to ensure their effectiveness, ease of understanding, timeliness and current (always updated as required).
- Ensures the company's compliance with all federal, state, provincial and local regulations/legislation pertaining to benefits and communicate as necessary to senior leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10+ years leading a Benefits function for a large, complex organization for North America, including a variety of pension, health and wellness plans. Experienced and knowledgeable in benefit trends, consumer-driven healthcare, changing legislation and innovative approaches which contribute to improved employee engagement and increasing cost effectiveness.
BENEFITS TEAM STRUCTURE
- The Director, Benefits leads and directly manages an internal team of 2 Benefits Managers 5 Benefits Analysts who collectively support the United States and Canada.
- Strong capability to build strong relationships across all levels of the company, with external vendors and other external centers of influence.
- Very effective at adapting communication style to different audiences (i.e. broad employee populations, senior leadership, peers, partners, etc.).
- Successful at influencing in a variety of capacities, such as:
- Obtaining business leaders' acceptance and approval of important change initiatives
- Enhancing employees' willingness and desire to more fully utilize the benefit choices that are best for them
- Understand business issues and the related human capital implications to design and deliver benefits solutions that move the business forward.
- Passion for assessing the needs of the business and people managers serving our employees.
- Challenges assumptions about 'the way things are done'. The successful candidate will be able to think 'outside the box' as well as be able to say 'no' and offering constructive alternatives.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
- Alternative Investments