Under the general direction of the Development Services Director, performs highly responsible and confidential work involving development projects, redevelopment objectives, business assistance activities, and the acquisition and disposition of real property. The Development Officer serves as the lead in developing new business and strategic partnerships; leading transactional negotiations related to development, assisting in strategic planning; and providing staff, developers, businesses, and property owners the necessary information related to growth and sustainable development occurring within the City and region that is needed to make informed decisions about Hollywood's future development. This position will serve as the point of contact to resolve development issues before escalating to City Administration.
- Responsible for the oversight, coordination, analysis and review of development in the City both public and private.
- Assists with City Commission inquiries, requests and priority initiatives.
- Serves as liaison to Chamber of Commerce, Community Redevelopment Agency, Business Associations, developers, and contractors, and other public, private groups interested in economic development and related matters.
- Participates in long-range strategic planning and recommends goals for economic, community, and business development.
- Reviews City Commission agenda items that have development impact and advises the Director in areas of concern.
- Represents the City in discussing major public/private partnerships.
- Provide policy recommendations on process improvements and regulations concerning the current permit and regulatory practices
- Provides oversight and tracks development project processes to ensure commitments are met in a timely manner.
- Administers the City's land acquisition sales and leasing activities;
- Develops policies, procedures and priorities to meet established goals in regard to existing projects and other pending or contemplated projects.
- Assists in developing and maintaining strategic fiscal and capital improvement plans for land acquisition, sales and leasing.
- Participates in conferences and public and professional meetings
- Maximizes the generation of revenues to the City by applying a "market value" business approach to transactions.
- Participates in conferences and public and professional meetings, specifically those that may relate to real estate.
- Elaborates business development plans, design and implement processes to support business growth, through customer and market definition.
- Builds and maintains high-level contacts with current and prospective customer and other business and project partners.
- Understand the City permitting and inspection processes and guide new businesses through them, working through any roadblocks.
- Have an understanding and ability to communicate the guidelines and restrictions of the zoning code other municipal parameters.
- Coordinates with city departments, public agencies, property and business owners as necessary to facilitate, implement and complete projects.
- Conducts site visits to verify that site improvements and compliance with conditions of development approval in-order to support staff reports and/or recommendations.
- Schedules and/or attends pre-construction or other development related meetings to help verify the process of development review.
- Assists in the creation and analysis of joint economic development districts, tax incentive financing districts, business incentive programs and cooperative economic development agreements
- Prepares and presents oral, written, and special reports to City agencies, City Council, economic development interest groups, other interested parties and groups as well as the general public.
- Act as liaison between prospective businesses, property owners and commercial realtors.
- Develops and maintains external relationships with regulators, elected officials and key trade associations.
- Coordinates with various City departments on major development, redevelopment, and business assistance policies, issues, and projects.
- Pursues the development of strategic partnerships, relationships and alliances with the business community.
- Provides guidance and expert advice to technical staff from the provider perspective regarding design systems and processes that serve our customers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.