Founded in 1986, Sterling Bay is a dynamic and innovative Chicago-based real estate investment and development company with a breadth of expertise spanning all aspects of real estate ownership. Sterling Bay is a leader in creating urban campus headquarters for prominent companies such as Google, McDonald's, Uber, Glassdoor, Dyson, Hillshire Brands and Gogo. The firm has been consistently recognized for its award-winning projects and successful track record of transforming spaces and enhancing communities. Today, Sterling Bay maintains a portfolio of properties in excess of $3 billion and a rapidly growing, passionate team of more than 200 employees.
Summary of Position
Create and evaluate complex financial models related to commercial real estate developments and investments. Support a team of asset managers and investment professionals by evaluating the financial feasibility of office, residential, hotel, industrial, senior living and mixed-use properties.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and maintain financial models for potential development projects and/or acquisitions.
- Analyze data and evaluate investment highlights concerning the acquisition, development potential and feasibility of potential projects.
- Assemble market research on demand fundamentals and maintain competitive set analysis for each property type/sub-market.
- Prepare investment packages and coordinate due diligence for new financing and dispositions. In addition, work closely with acquisitions team on due diligence of new acquisitions.
- Assist in document preparation and transaction structuring. Assist in coordinating transactions with financial equity and debt partners.
- Participate in property budgeting process.
- Prepare recurring investment summaries for fund and joint venture partners.
- Develop and maintain overall project budget and schedules.
- Prepare analysis to support leasing decisions (e.g. net effective rent calculations).
- Prepare a variety of analyses, statements and reports for management, equity partners and lenders.
- Proficiency in Argus and Excel
- Candidate should have experience creating and manipulating complex financial models and underwriting commercial real estate properties and projects.
- Must understand financial and accounting concepts and be able to apply concepts to financial models.
- Ability to communicate complex information succinctly and anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis.
- Position requires attention to detail as well as strong communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues and across departments/entities.
- Strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty, integrity and discretion
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or real estate required
Competitive salary as well as a performance-based incentive.
Sterling Bay offers a compensation package commensurate with experience. Work/life benefits include but are not limited to daily lunch provided by corporate chef, access to on-site gym and shower rooms, participation in a 401K plan and a competitive healthcare package.
Sterling Bay is a rapidly growing Chicago-based commercial real estate development, investment and management company providing fully-integrated in-house resources including legal, architectural, construction and asset management departments.
Sterling Bay’s corporate offices have consistently been named one Chicago’s most creative work spaces and we foster an entrepreneurial environment for all of our employees.
Sterling Bay is an equal opportunity employer.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job