Job Summary: As our Asset Management Associate, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of assets with the following responsibilities: unit turnover management (financial/coordination/scope feasibility), asset analysis and valuation, pricing strategy, operational and financial reporting, budget preparation/review, and financial systems management. Analyst support for management of a portfolio of assets (for various partners/investors) along with developing strategic asset plans, budgeting, and supporting revenue management/unit pricing
- Financial Responsibilities: You will actively manage the financial side of assets, i.e., oversee unit turnover process (unit pricing, renovation scope, coordination between operations/property management and renovations teams). You will also perform financial assessments of commercial leasing (NPV, break-even, net effective rate), sales analyses, refinancing analyses, benchmark portfolio performance, and calculate ROIs for future and existing re-positioning efforts.
- Reporting and Analysis Responsibilities: As our Asset Management Associate, you’ll be maintaining and enhancing the Asset Management platform, tracking returns, identifying trends in the portfolio to mitigate risk and increase various revenue streams. Additionally you’ll be responsible for report generation for ownership and external capital partners on leasing, unit turnover progress, asset performance, financial performance vs budget and same store metrics.
- Revenue Management: In collaboration with the Leasing team, you will track market/submarket trends, external and internal rent comparables, and recent leasing statistics to drive pricing and concession strategy.
- Corporate Communications: You will initiate communications with Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Property Managers, Renovations team, and FP&A to develop strategic asset plans as well as oversee the implementation of these plans. Additionally, you will assist in the coordination of due diligence requirements with lenders and third party consultants and underwriting efforts.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics
- 4-5 years of finance experience
- Experience in multi-family (preferred)
- Experience in retail / office leasing is a plus
- Must have strong analytical skills, be proficient at working with and at analyzing data in Excel
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook; Yardi and SQL experience a plus
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.