HFF’s New York office is seeking an analyst to assist in the evaluation, marketing and disposition of commercial mortgage loans and REO assets. Analyst will be dedicated to the Loan Sales Group, working with a core team of producers and analysts on a national scale.
Additional background on HFF’s Loan Sales Group:
- Prepare offering memorandums and data tapes for commercial loan sale transactions, including research, financial modeling, and composition of executive summaries.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and HFF data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the team, the market and the client. Use this information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to structuring a sale.
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
- Must understand and review real estate documents (loan documents, leases, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Interact with clients, prospective buyers and investors.
- Travel as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry is preferred.
- Ability to multitask across various new and ongoing initiatives, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills—written and verbal; ability to interface with top level executives.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Capable to work independently while possessing a team player attitude.
- Interest in real estate and real estate debt capital markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel, Word (Office 2010 version).
- Argus experience a plus.
- Data base experience a plus.
- Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.