TAH is an asset management company with responsibility for day to day property management of a 17K+ single family home portfolio as well. Due to the nature of the disbursed portfolio, the Vice President needs to have a strong logistical mind set with a very strong focus on customer service. They will be responsible for the operational performance and cultural alignment of all Property Management and Maintenance functions in their allocated markets.
This position reports directly to the EVP of Operations and works collaboratively with many constituents across the organization.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Create, communicate and achieve tactical operational goals for the organization, primarily focused on property management and maintenance functions
- Develop and implement strategies that promote the organization's Purpose Statement, Guiding Principles and standards of service
- Ensure consistent process discipline is implemented in all markets including an adherence to our Standards of Service
- Should be able to strategically make recommendations based on economic trends and indicators and on organizational design.
- Be open to and actively drive change throughout the Operations organization
- Should be detail oriented enough to dissect and discuss operational performance data at a submarket/asset level.
- Build expertise in assigned markets in order to identify, recommend and implement (process, personnel and technical) change successfully
- Experienced using data-based decision-making methodologies and have a process driven mind set
- Manage to the budgetary, operational and financial metrics (including but not limited to efficiency of execution, headcount, occupancy, delinquency, turnover, and cost to maintain)
- Work-cross functionally across all necessary groups to achieve pre-agreed upon company results.
- Build expertise in assigned geographic markets recommending operational opportunities, process improvements, or organizational changes
- Keep EVP advised in a timely manner of significant operational problems, deviations from the plans and monthly operational performance
- Host quarterly operations meetings and facilitate the development of direct reports as well as build stability by leading, inspiring and motivating team
- Serve as a role model for TAH’s culture of service and trusT
- Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships, influence, negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization
- Proven experience leading an operations function within a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Expertise with developing and building process improvements
- Demonstrated experience delivering results, while still in build mode
- Strong leadership experience in leading teams in multiple locations, and expertise in developing employees, providing coaching and implementing solutions
- Track record evaluating financial models as a basis for making business recommendations
- Existing industry relationships and ability to manage a transaction pipeline
- A high integrity individuaL
- BA or BS; MBA preferred
- Experience with Yardi
- 10-15 years of relevant operational experience in real estate
- Travel to satellite offices and markets to meet with team members and to build relationships. Travel is 50%+
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and motivated by accomplishment and success of the team and company