- Accounting and reporting for Development and Operating projects
- Monthly review of general ledger for accuracy and completeness in accordance with GAAP and/or FV, including posting reclassifications and accruals as necessary.
- Monthly explanation of variances to budget within predefined thresholds.
- Set up and track fixed assets. Record depreciation and amortization for all operating projects.
- Review of leases rent rolls and tenant agings for accuracy and FASB13 adjustments.
- Preparation of monthly reporting package for joint venture partners and third-party owners.
- Preparation of annual GAAP and FV operating budgets, development budgets and update forecasting.
- Preparation of annual CAM reconciliations for operating projects.
- Monthly calculation of development and property management fees.
- Prepare Project Cost Summaries showing status of construction and development properties.
- Record general and limited partners’ equity pick-ups, contributions and distributions related to investments in joint ventures as well as minority interest partners interest in projects.
- Accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions, including review and summarization of related documents and preparation of journal entries, in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare wires for monthly debt service including the recalculation of interest and journalize.
- Calculate and file Florida sales tax returns.
- Compliance with lender reporting requirements.
- Communicate and provide information to development directors, capital partner, auditors, corporate accounting, tax department, lenders, and others.
- Cash Management and Payables
- Weekly accounts payable invoice processing, including coding verification and approvals.
- Review and approve open invoice report and determine cash availability prior to authorizing weekly check runs; submit funding request for operating expenditures for 3rd party projects.
- For projects under construction, set up initial contract and input pay applications into job cost
- Prepare monthly capital calls or distributions to each of the joint venture partners, as required.
- Preparation of monthly draw package for submission to lenders and record funding.
- Ad hoc requests and special projects
- Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Commercial real estate experience in property management and development (5+ years)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, JD Edwards and MRI
- Strong organization and planning and analytical skills
- Initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years