Gannett Fleming is looking for experienced Construction Managers in Southern California to orchestrate and supervise commercial construction projects from the sale of the project through final construction within the agreed upon schedule and budget. They work closely with owners, clients, vendors, subcontractors, etc. The successful candidate will have strong leadership and problem-solving skills in order to lead the process so that budgeted dollars and time frames are met while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in terms of quality.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Prepare the project plan, sequence and schedule with collaboration of field personnel.
- Prepare and issues project documents including progress reports, project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Initiate periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and customer, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to provide an adequate degree of coordination.
- You will monitor project progress for adherence to schedule and man hour expenditures versus percent complete.
- Re-plan and make corrections/adjustments to maintain schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Monitor project scope for changes affecting budget and schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Keep customer informed of progress on the project and of any technical problems/solutions and their effect on design and costs.
- Identify solution to any problem which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer relations. This includes soliciting the help and personal involvement of management in the solution of unusual technical problems encountered in the progress of work.
- Coordinate with estimating department staff on the development of costs and time schedules. Also, assembles estimates including soliciting subcontractor quotations.
- Review with the estimating department staff all plans, specifications, and reports relative to the project.
- High School Diploma required; B.S. degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in commercial construction management in Single Family Residence (SFR), Master Planned Communities, Industrial and/or Hospitality
- Experience in construction project management with contract values of $5 million and up.
- Experience in multiple disciplines including, project management, estimating, preconstruction services, and construction management.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.