HPI Real Estate and Investments is a full-service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and the surrounding Central Texas areas. HPI is seeking a Senior Real Estate Accountant to work part-time or full-time (20-40 hours) to assist with residential construction needs and construction accounting. The Senior Real Estate Accountant is an essential role at HPI. This role will prepare and review the delivery of all property and client related accounting and reporting, ensuring quality product and services are delivered on time to our clients
II. Priority functions / Responsibilities
- Provide key financial information by preparing and reviewing multiple sets of financial statements and reports monthly to clients; balancing cash accounts, reconciling and rolling forward balance sheet accounts, ensuring proper coding of income and expense items.
- Ensure proper business and accounting controls are in place and being followed.
- Provide additional support and leadership to the accounting team and to clients.
- Work on more advanced projects based on education and experience to help support the Controller and global team, including acquisition and set up of new business and dispositions, distribution schedules, capital schedules, development accounting, REIT accounting and tax support to CPA’s etc.
- Directly support the management company, working with the Property Controller, ensuring consistent processes, quality reporting, adhere to management agreements, partnership agreements, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the set-up of projects and ensure they are successful, from loan draws to property set up.
- Ensure cash flow, preference schedules, distributions, equity schedules, etc. are accurate and timely, coordinating as necessary with the COO, Partners, Accounting team and external clients and CPA’s.
- Provide direct or indirect leadership for the accounting team.
- Deliver property managers’ reports and information they need timely to meet their objectives and client deliverables.
- Present top management and clients with key financial information that ultimately impacts business decisions.
- Construction accounting and loan draws.
IV. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 7-10 years of Real Estate Accounting and Finance Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Experience in Property Accounting, Construction Accounting, Draws, Banking, etc.
- Ability to create financial and accounting schedules such as distribution, preference, equity, etc.
- Ability to review and manage staff deliverables.
- Audit knowledge, ability to lead internal controls and testing.
- Ability to read and interpret management agreements, partnership agreements, and other such documents.
- Knowledge of solid accounting practices, process writing and documentation, training etc.
- Process banking related activity.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with multiple property management accounting software, including QuickBooks, Sage, Timberline, Yardi and MRI.
- Act as a team player; demonstrate initiative and interpersonal skills to promote and maintain successful team relations and outcomes.
- Ability to review the work of other staff.
- Strong Oral and written communication, proactive communication is required to be successful.
- Ability to communicate with clients and third party/owner accounting, including new business.
- Good judgement communicating with owners and tenants.
- Project management
- Ability to Troubleshoot
- Ability to create positive and motivating relationships with the team.
- REIT accounting and reporting preferred.
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.