Job Posting: Chief Financial Officer
A financial executive with extensive experience in the acquisitions, development, financing (debt & equity), leasing (commercial & residential) and sales of properties (commercial & residential).
This is an opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial team as we are preparing to establish a larger national and international footprint by expanding the scope of services that we provide.
We are seeking a person with leadership experience, technical and communication skills, with knowledge and all phases of the real estate lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
The CFO will be responsible for all accounting activities which include but are not limited to the following: FP&A, family office functions, treasury, taxes, risk management, financial and investor reporting, secure and negotiate financing, structure investments, and work on underwriting deals.
- The CFO will ensure that comprehensive budgets are developed in collaboration with the various teams and departments, and that the company is managed accordingly.
- Work closely with principals, legal counsel and lenders to close deals.
- Responsible for all day to day activities of financial management and reporting.
- Oversee and mentor staff to facilitate and improve daily, weekly and monthly processes including, financial reporting, management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, costing, inventory control, etc.
- Secure and negotiate financing from a variety of sources.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including, income statements, balance sheet and related financial reports.
- Assess and develop appropriate tax efficient deal structures.
- Set up investment structures, underwrite, structure deals and manage the fund accounting. Work closely with CEO and related parties in developing tax strategies along with outside tax advisors and manage the timely the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Investigate and develop improvements to existing financial reporting processes and systems.
- Develop and manage cashflow forecasting and planning process and ensure funds availability through weekly cash management.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Willing to travel for work, when required.
- 15+ years of Accounting/Finance experience of which 5 years have been as a CFO with a history of growth, increasing responsibility, and promotion.
- Degree in Accounting with an MBA in related field.
- CPA is a requirement.
- Real Estate experience required.
- Knowledgeable in financing and investment management.
- Experience with a Family Office desired but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
About Metro 1
Founded in 2005, Metro 1 and its affiliates is South Florida’s original urban core, full-service real estate organization. Focusing exclusively on South Florida’s emerging markets, Metro 1 has played a pioneering role in shaping the region’s most exciting neighborhoods and has completed over $2.5 billion dollars in transaction volume in the last 13 years.Metro 1 offers a vertically integrated approach with a differentiating advantage: the power of an internal global marketing, public relations and advertising firm that customizes unique and
- Accounting / Control
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
Apply for this job